1. GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF ACADEMIC DEPARTMENT COMMITTEE
The general assembly of academic department committee for NASS is the is the highest organizational form of the academy, and the general assembly is held biennially, usually in the first week of June of a single year on the Gregorian calendar.
The functions of the general assembly include:
1.1 Consideration of work reports of the permanent governing bodies.
1.2 Election of members for permanent governing bodies.
1.3 Formulate and revise the articles of association.
1.4 Determine the setup and adjustment of the department.
1.5 Carry out academic activities.
1.6 Make important recommendations.
The presidium is a permanent inter-sessional leading organization composed of members of the Department of NASS. The Presidium is composed of the President (or chief scientist) of the NASS, the Vice-Presidents responsible for the work of the Division, the directors of the divisions, the directors of the special committees and several members elected by the General Assembly. The President (or chief scientist) of NASS is the executive chairman and shall preside over meetings of the presidium.
Function of presidium:
2.1 Decide to convene and preside over the academician Conference.
2.2 Consider and decide the bills which will be submitted to the Committee of department.
2.3 Employ presidium advisor.
2.4 Approve the list members of the standing committees and special committees of the department.
2.5 Appoint the secretary-general of the executive committee.
2.6 Determine and distribute the total number of co-opted members of the department.
2.7 Determine list of final candidates.
2.8 Determine list of official candidates for member of foreign ministry.
2.9 Review and approve members' decision to withdraw.
2.10 Decide to establish special committees and working groups across the division.
2.11 Other functions conferred by the general assembly.
THE FIRST ACADEMIC COMMITTEE MEMBER OF PRESIDIUM OF NASS
Jiří Jaromír Klemeš
Tingyun Kuang Cheng Sun
Guangnan Ni Yulong Yin
Hongxin Wu Nicola S. Clayton Prof. William Henry Colledge
Jiří Jaromír Klemeš
Chief scientist of Chinese Lunar Exploration Project, known as "Father of Change" , academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences, academician of TWAS, academician of International Academy of Astronautics, honorary Academician of the United International College (UIC) , research fellow of the Institute of Geochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, and first president of the International Association of academicians.
Professor Geary (Czech Republic)
Chair of the EFCE Cape Working Group, Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Cleaner Production, director of the "Sustainable Process Integration Laboratory (SPIL) " of the NETME center of the mechanical engineering of the Brno University of Technology, Vut Brno, Czech Republic, founder and long-term Director of Process Integration and Enhancement Centre, Vesprem Pannonia University, Hungary. Awarded by the European Community as Marie Curie President (EXC). He has won the lifetime achievement award of the European Chemical Engineering Federation and the Gold Award of supporting the University of Pannonica.
Kaishuo Ma （proposed invitation）, President of NASS, Singaporean diplomat and scholar, former permanent representative to the United Nations (UN), president of the UN Security Council, President of the National University of Singapore Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy.
Presidium Member of Department:
Academician of World Productivity Science, famous scientist, 100 brilliant inventors of the 60th anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic of China. He is currently the Executive Chairman and secretary-general of Wood Plastic Composite (WPC), China, and Vice-Chairman of China Media Association.
Plant Physiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Professor.
Chinese Academy of Engineering, Director of the Animal Health Center at the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Deputy Director of the Academic Committee, Principal Investigator, professor.
List of the first presidium advisor of NASS
Honorary President of the World Productivity Science Alliance (WCPS) of the United Nations Economic and Social Council, founder and Honorary President of the World Productivity Science Academy (WAPS) , President of the International Social Association, known as "The Father of World Productivity Science" .
Expert in control theory and Control Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Professor. A faculty member of China Academy of Space Technology, and a research fellow at the University of California, Los Angeles.
Computer scientist, Chinese Academy of Engineering, Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Member of the Academic Committee
Lee Chew Tin:
Professor, School of Chemical and Energy Engineering, Teknologi University, Malaysia (UTM), former UTM global education director (2008-2016), Deputy editor-in-chief of the Journal of Clean Production and clean technology and environmental policy.
Kutty Selva Nandakumar:
Professor, School of Phramacology, Southern Medical University. Domain of research is not limited to Rheumatoid Arthritis, Immunology, Disease models, and Antibodies.
Nicola S. Clayton:
Professor of Comparative Cognition at University of Cambridge. Scientist in Residence at Rambert, Co-founder of the Captured Thought.
Prof. William Henry College:
William Henry College, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Co-director of the Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience at University of Cambridge.
Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, Professor, National University of Singapore.
3. ADVISORY AND CONSULATIVE COMMITTEE
The advisory and consultative committee is one of the special committees under the presidium, which is responsible for organizing and leading the major advisory and consultative work. The committee is composed of the Director, the Deputy Director and a number of members of each department. The functions about the committee are:
1. According to the need of national strategy, understand the advantages and characteristics of the department, make a systematic plan and top-level design of the department's consultation and evaluation work.
2. To consult and comment on Science and Technology issues, its policies & development plans of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and related major decision-making for organizations in national economic construction and social development.
3. To organize consultation and review on major scientific and technological issues in the economic construction and social development of departments, industries, and regions.
4. To organize consultation and review on the Development Direction of Science and Technology of important state academic institutions and enterprises (groups).
5. To examine and approve the establishment of major consulting and evaluation projects and organize their implementation; review the completed consultancy review report and confirm the report to the department.
6. Complete other related tasks assigned by the Presidium of the department.
THE FIRST ADVISORY AND CONSULATIVE COMMITTEE OF NASS
4. SCIENTIFIC MORAL CONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE
The Scientific moral construction committee is one of the special committees under the presidium, which is responsible for organizing and leading the scientific moral and style construction of the department. The committee is composed of the Director, the Deputy Director, and several members of each department. The functions of committee are：
1. Develop and expand the scientific spirit, advocate fine style of study, maintain scientific truth and scientific morality, safeguard scientific dignity, and promote the construction of spiritual civilization of the whole society.
2. Strengthen the construction of scientific moral and style of study of the committee members and the department, promote and publicize the role models of scientific moral and style of study, oppose & criticize the behavior that violates scientific moral, and give full play to the leading role of the committee members in the scientific community.
3. Formulate and revise the code of conduct for committee members.
4. Assist in the investigation of violations of scientific moral and style of study by committee members, and to make recommendations to the Presidium of the department on the handling of verified issues.
5. Make relevant reports on the study of Scientific and Technological moral organizations when necessary.
6. Complete other related tasks assigned by the presidium of the academic department.
THE FIRST SCIENTIFIC MORAL CONSTRUCTION COMMITTEE OF NASS
5. ACADEMIC PUBLISHING COMMITTEE
The publishing committee is one of the special committees under the presidium, which is responsible for organizing and leading the academic exchange and publishing work. The committee is composed of the Director, the Deputy Director and several members of the academic departments. The functions of the committee are:
1. Formulate the research strategic for the discipline development of the department. Deploy and organize the research strategic of discipline development, construct the supporting system of the research strategic of discipline development, consolidate the foundation of the academic work of the department, and enhance its academic influence.
2. Planning and deployment of activities of the department. Organize and launch the "Science and Technology Frontier Forum”, strengthen the exchange between committee members and outstanding young and middle-aged experts, encourage academic debate and criticism, promote research strategic on the development of disciplines, and make a difference of academic guidance and demonstration.
3. Plan and deploy the construction of academic journals and academic publishing work. Make a difference of academic guidance, promote the reform and development of academic journals, and promote the academic level and international influence of the academic journals of our college. Plan the academic publishing series, research & formulate the publishing system, ensure the quality of academic publishing.
4. Complete other related tasks assigned by the Presidium of the academic department.
6. THE FIRST ACADEMIC PUBLISHING COMMITTEE OF NASS
7. SCIENCE POPULARIZATION AND EDUCATION COMMITTEE
The science popularization and education committee are one of the special committees under the presidium, which is responsible for organizing and leading personnel training, and science popularization and scientific cultural construction. The committee is composed of the Director, the Deputy Director and several academicians of each ministry. The functions of the committee are:
1. Carry out consulting research on the education strategy of high-quality and innovative talents, promote and guide the reform and development of the training system of high-level Scientific and Technological talents, as well as the training of postgraduates and the construction of the system and mechanism, organize and carry out regular education, training & seminars.
2. Formulate and organize the implementation of the science popularization work plan. For government leaders at all levels, teachers and students at universities, primary and secondary schools and scientific research institutes, as well as the general public, to organize and carry out various forms of popular science activities in broad combination with social science popularization resources, so as to expand the social influence of the department’s science work.
3. Plan and deploy the scientific and cultural construction. Conduct research on the history of scientific thought and philosophy of science, organize and publish scientific and cultural products such as the history of the Academy of Sciences and biographies of scientists, to excavate, refine and publicize scientific values, scientific ideas & methods.
4. Complete other related tasks assigned by the Presidium of the academic department.
THE FIRST SCIENCE POPULARIZATION AND EDUCATIO COMMITTEE OF NASS